About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Senior IT Systems Engineer – Cloud
Located onsite in our Long Beach, CA headquarters, the Senior IT Systems Engineer will lead and be responsible for the design and implementation of the different cloud computing platforms and applications (Azure, AWS, and O365, etc) that are required at Rocket Lab.
Reports to the Teal Lead – IT Infrastructure Operations
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Enable Rocket Lab Engineers to develop the next generation of rockets and space systems, via the deployment and management of highly reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure technology globally.
- Provides definitive subject matter expertise, leadership, advise, and guidance to deliver and support IT systems through efficient management of required cloud infrastructure and the delivery of projects.
- Leverage the latest cloud technologies to enable Rocket Lab Engineering and support teams to quickly develop the next generation rockets and space systems.
- Lead project planning and deployment for IT and cloud infrastructure projects in support of Annual Operating Plans.
- Champion the Infrastructure and Cloud Standards function(s) at Rocket Lab through the implementation of Standards for the deployment and management of the different platform environments to ensure:
- Compliance with Rocket Lab Policies
- Compliance with Cybersecurity policies, standards, and procedures.
- Improvements to increase reliability of systems.
- System High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Simplified and consistent environment management practices
- Complete and compliant system baselines and hardening guides for each OS and environment
- Automated build, deployment, and maintenance processes for each OS and environment
- A compliant and auditable Change Management Procedure
- That the team is providing effective support
- Clear and concise reporting on usage, uptime, support levels, etc.
- Comprehensive documentation of environments and support
- Efficient cost control
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ year of experience in IT and a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent years of experience (9+ years of work experience)
- 3+ of those years of experience in an IT Engineer role.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of:
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills – able to see the big picture, make connections and appropriate decisions.
- One or more of the following: Kubernetes, VMware, Linux, Windows, Configuration Management, Automation, and/or Infrastructure as Code.
- Security frameworks / technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
- Specialist qualification in area of expertise: CISM, AWS, Azure, Microsoft, etc.
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation package based on individual qualifications and experience, which may include cash or equity incentives. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab’s Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at email@example.com.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.