Senior FPGA and Digital Communication Design Engineer
Connect with Eutelsat Group
Be part of a new era in communications, transforming connectivity with Eutelsat Group – the world’s first GEO-LEO integrated global satellite operator.
As a global leader in satellite communications, we provide infinite connectivity, broadcasting television channels and packages, transmitting news reports, provide wholesale broadband Internet access services.
With Eutelsat Group You’ll Get To:
- Pioneer the future of Space Technology
- Bring connectivity to remote frontiers
- Collaborate with customer-centric experts
- Embrace cultural diversity in our global team
Where your skills ignite opportunities & you will elevate your skills in a stretching, rewarding, and meaningful environment. At Eutelsat Group, we’re united by inclusion and diversity, striving for gender balance and social responsibility, on Earth and in Space.
Who You Are: Within the Advanced Communication team here at OneWeb (France, Toulouse), the candidate will have the opportunity to work various programs solving our customer’s most difficult technical challenges in the areas of digital communication, User Terminal, and RF communications. You want to make a real difference in the world by joining us on our mission to be the most trusted partner for GEO-LEO global satellite connectivity, finally bridging the digital divide. The team is looking for a Mid to Senior level FPGA Engineers to join the team of qualified, diverse individuals at our OneWeb Toulouse site.
Join us today because connecting your world changes everything.
What You’ll Do:
- Write embedded software that runs in Xilinq platform
- Test and validate the solution developed
- Generate system requirements and specifications
What it Takes:
- Engineering degree
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Good experience with the Vivado tool
- HDL (VHDL/Verilog) for FPGA coding
- Good experience in Digital Signal Processing
- Prior experience with RF FMC board
- Good Experience with high level programming languages (C/C++)
- Experience with scripting languages (Python)
- Prior embedded software experience on one or more Xilinx embedded platforms (i.e.Versal, Zynq Ultrascale+, Zynq, Microblaze)
- Software experience controlling one more custom FPGA IP blocks (i.e. DMA, Register interface Programming Model, Interrupts, etc.)
- Experience with U-Boot, Linux device tree, kernel configuration and kernel module development.
- Knowledge of Git for use in embedded software development and revision control.
- Experience with PetaLinux
What We’d Love:
- Experience with Yocto and/or other Linux build environments.
- Bare metal or FreeRTOS experience within the SDK or Vitis environment.
- Python language knowledge.
- Familiarity with ethernet and UDP and TCP/IP protocols
Where You’ll Be: Toulouse, France
This role is a Eutelsat Group job opening; all of our open roles are posted on the current OneWeb and Eutelsat websites. Please note that when you are applying, your application may be seen by both teams.