Aeronautical User Terminal Product Specialist
Connect with Eutelsat Group
Be part of a new era in communications, transforming connectivity with Eutelsat Group – the world’s first GEO-LEO integrated global satellite operator.
As a global leader in satellite communications, we provide infinite connectivity, broadcasting television channels and packages, transmitting news reports, provide wholesale broadband Internet access services.
With Eutelsat Group You’ll Get To:
- Pioneer the future of Space Technology
- Bring connectivity to remote frontiers
- Collaborate with customer-centric experts
- Embrace cultural diversity in our global team
Where your skills ignite opportunities & you will elevate your skills in a stretching, rewarding, and meaningful environment. At Eutelsat Group, we’re united by inclusion and diversity, striving for gender balance and social responsibility, on Earth and in Space.
Who You Are: This role has multiple aspects to its scope and will be required to both programme manage product developments in conjunction with other OneWeb departments and external partners through formal contracts as well as facilitate the definition of new products in order to meet evolving market needs with existing and new technologies. You want to make a real difference in the world by joining us on our mission to be the most trusted partner for GEO-LEO global satellite connectivity, finally bridging the digital divide.
Join us today because connecting your world changes everything.
What You’ll Do:
Product and Requirement Definition
- Support to cross functional teams in the definition of UT technical requirements
- Support in selection of Antenna technology
- Support in definition of User Terminal architectural requirements
- Support in definition of Subscriber Module technical and product requirements for Hughes (Access layer owned)
- Support to BU in definition of Market requirements as attributable to the User Terminal(s) and Service provisioning
- Support to BU in relationship with OEMs if and as required by BU for the purpose of planning of logistics and installation together with OW’s assigned UT System integrator.
- Note: This is applicable to Line-fit and Retro-fit programs and will be in support of Aero UT Development and Production Director
- Support the BU in relationship with the distribution partners as they define UT technology
Development and Delivery
- Support to Aero UT Development and Production Director and the Senior Director UT Development and Production in strategic, technical and programmatic matters related to the User Terminal(s) delivery
- Ownership and Accountability for assigned aspects of delivery programs on schedule and on budget
- Selection of technology and integration partners
- Negotiations and ownership of contractual relationships as relevant to the delivery of the User Terminal
- Coordination with OW Access Layer group in the delivery of the SSM, including its development and validation by Hughes, as well as the delivery and validation of the aero support of the OW GN and end to end system.
- Management of Supplier and internal resources for the development, testing, certification of User Terminal Solution
- Management of internal resources, e.g. SMEs in Delivery units and CTO, as relevant to the delivery program(s)
- Management of external resources, e.g. 3rd party integrator, as relevant to the delivery program(s)
- Management and coordination of third party relationships where needed, e.g. integrator relationship with Hughes as SSM supplier and other suppliers like Antenna supplier, power supply, etc
- Management and coordination of third party relationships during test campaigns, e.g. Test Flight partners, certification partners, etc, together with OW’s assigned UT System integrator
- Ultimately accountable for all relationships, dependencies in the delivery program
- Handover to system and customer operations
What it Takes:
- Previous working experience in Aviation SATCOM design, product management and/or installation programmes is essential
- Knowledge of aviation certification processes, standards and regulations would be highly advantageous.
- Previous working experience in alternate mobility SATCOM applications would be beneficial
- A degree or recognised certification in Systems Engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrable excellent technical, commercial, product and operational awareness within a similar role within the Aviation Satcom Market
- Stakeholder management skill/experience
- Programme and product management skills and experience
- Adaptable, able to work in challenging environments, and manage change
Where You’ll Be: London, UK
This role is a Eutelsat Group job opening; all of our open roles are posted on the current OneWeb and Eutelsat websites. Please note that when you are applying, your application may be seen by both teams.