Connect with Eutelsat Group
Be part of a new era in communications, transforming connectivity with Eutelsat Group – the world’s first GEO-LEO integrated global satellite operator.
As a global leader in satellite communications, we provide infinite connectivity, broadcasting television channels and packages, transmitting news reports, provide wholesale broadband Internet access services.
With Eutelsat Group You’ll Get To:
- Pioneer the future of Space Technology
- Bring connectivity to remote frontiers
- Collaborate with customer-centric experts
- Embrace cultural diversity in our global team
Where your skills ignite opportunities & you will elevate your skills in a stretching, rewarding, and meaningful environment. At Eutelsat Group, we’re united by inclusion and diversity, striving for gender balance and social responsibility, on Earth and in Space.
Who You Are: You’re committed to helping people get the best out of technology. You think on your feet, love to do your research and can provide innovative solutions and advice. You value a consistent customer experience so document your work and are happy following policies & procedures. You’re at your best when collaborating with people at all levels in a business. You want to make a real difference in the world by joining us on our mission to be the most trusted partner for GEO-LEO global satellite connectivity, finally bridging the digital divide.
Join us today because connecting your world changes everything.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with vendor and peer organizations to validate designs and enhancements in lab environments.
- Scripting and coding (e.g., Python, Ansible, etc.) to facilitate analysis, testing and integration.
- Technical expert on the integration and configuration of 3GPP Evolved Packed Core and the related Subscriber profile and policy systems (HSS/PCRF)
- Formulate, document, and engage with vendors to provide solutions as required by protocol interworking or product requirements.
- Defining and automating configuration management supporting the production implementation
- Integration efforts, configuration management, and testing execution related to the Core Network (MME, SGW, PGW) and common core elements (DRA/HSS/PCRF) specifically focused on managing the lab activities
- Develop testing strategies against the EPC and Common Core elements from both a unit and system perspective.
- Develop methodologies and procedures to accommodate testing and validation of both internal release cycles as well as dependent systems (eNB, OSS/BSS)
- Support as technical escalation contact the integration test, end-end lab testing and field deployments
- Expertise in and the ability to develop as well as thoroughly document technical requirements in system protocol specifications and interface control document
- Excellent ability for clear and concise oral and written communication; capability to interface at multiple levels and successfully present technical information
What it Takes:
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in telecommunications preferably with a Tier 1/2 ISP or Service provider ISP, MSO, or another carrier centric environment.
- At least 10 years of technology leadership experience supporting a large, geographically distributed network infrastructure.
- At least 10 years’ experience in architecting reliable and high-performing networks; integrating LTE / EPC, IMS, VoIP, VoLTE, Wireless Core or similar technologies
- 5 years’ experience in developing LTE 3GPP based interface specifications, and understanding of 3GPP principals including
- Experience 4G LTE procedures including the relevant S1AP, NAS, S11, S13, S6a, and Gx/Gy protocols preferred telecommunications systems with emphasis on LTE and IP networking systems
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to work in large diverse team environments
- BS – Engineering or equivalent education required
What We’d Love:
- Ability to work well with other organizations and disciplines including engineering, business management, marketing, and sales
- Strong presentation skills with ability to tailor style to specific audience types; Experience presenting to customers and external audiences
- Strong Linux skills. Experience in Openstack deployments and Containers within private clouds highly favorable.
- 5 years of experience in large-scale data center architecture/design, middleware architecture, design patterns, application deployment methods, automation, testing, compliance, and auditing Service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services; including service provisioning, product catalog integration, and billing systems integration
- Successful experience as an individual contributor and/or technical lead in the development of complex
Where You’ll Be: London, UK or McLean, Virginia
This role is a Eutelsat Group job opening; all of our open roles are posted on the current OneWeb and Eutelsat websites. Please note that when you are applying, your application may be seen by both teams.
*No 3rd Party Agencies