Director, Data Management
Connect with Eutelsat Group
Be part of a new era in communications, transforming connectivity with Eutelsat Group – the world’s first GEO-LEO integrated global satellite operator.
As a global leader in satellite communications, we provide infinite connectivity, broadcasting television channels and packages, transmitting news reports, provide wholesale broadband Internet access services.
With Eutelsat Group You’ll Get To:
- Pioneer the future of Space Technology
- Bring connectivity to remote frontiers
- Collaborate with customer-centric experts
- Embrace cultural diversity in our global team
Where your skills ignite opportunities & you will elevate your skills in a stretching, rewarding, and meaningful environment. At Eutelsat Group, we’re united by inclusion and diversity, striving for gender balance and social responsibility, on Earth and in Space.
Who You Are: Director who has a deep pedigree in data management, policy, and compliance. Able to understand the different types of data and their application to policy and business outputs. A strategic thinker who can understand the big picture problem set and produce a strategy and plan for a coherent, business-wide solution. Understands the cyber & physical threat to data and what controls are required to help mitigate the associated people, process, and technology risks. Able to lead by listening and gentle persuasion but also able to be more forceful when required. Up to date on international compliance and regulations for data management & protection with a particular focus on UK, US and French law & guidance. You want to make a real difference in the world by joining us on our mission to be the most trusted partner for GEO-LEO global satellite connectivity, finally bridging the digital divide.
Join us today because connecting your world changes everything.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and lead implementation of a OneWeb Data strategy which details the enterprise approach to, and governance of, its data so that it can leverage commercial value, whilst retaining the trust of customers, regulators, and other stakeholders
- Build governance, policies, and processes around management of data that support commercial goals and meet relevant laws, regulations (e.g. security, telecoms, privacy) and other obligations (e.g. contractual) Provide OneWeb Leadership, Executive Committee and Board with visibility of key data progress, issues, decisions and risks – providing recommendations and direction
- Build a culture within OneWeb of the importance of best-in-class data management – including support with training and internal communications.
- Lead OneWeb’s thinking on privacy issues.
- Work with OneWeb’s data specialists to define how OneWeb should use, manage and handle data appropriately
- Work with business teams to help identify and develop commercial opportunities for data, leading on developing appropriate governance to protect and promote OneWeb’s interests.
- Support the automation of data handling rules and governance across the business.
- Liaise with clients, regulators and other stakeholders as necessary
- Work with OneWeb’s cybersecurity team to identify and protect critical data assets across the business.
- Work with the Chief Information Security Officer, VP Global Compliance, and other key stakeholders in remediating known weaknesses and gaps in data management once identified
What it Takes:
- Understanding of GDPR or privacy programmes
- Perseverance and patience
- Business wide, sector and Government engagement
- Credibility in a professionally experienced workforce.
- Able to work at pace and able to focus on “good enough” rather than “perfection”
What We’d Love:
- A team player who is interested in engaging and helping others succeed,
- Ambitious and wants to test themselves in one of the most demanding and exciting sectors
- Previous experience working as (or reported to) a DPO or a CISO would be very helpful
Where You’ll Be: London, UK
This role is a Eutelsat Group job opening; all of our open roles are posted on the current OneWeb and Eutelsat websites. Please note that when you are applying, your application may be seen by both teams.