Stratolaunch is a technology accelerator that engineers operationally realistic testing at Mach 5+. Our air-launched, Talon testbeds are reusable, cost-effective platforms that enable routine access to the hypersonic environment. We deliver flight data critical to validating system performance and achieving rapid technology deployment. Together with our customers, we drive innovations that are imperative to advancing national security.
To help achieve these efforts, Stratolaunch is seeking a Senior Quality Manager to create and maintain a company-wide Quality management system. The Quality Manager will be responsible for creating the vision of the Quality program and forming a team to execute this vision. This team will be customer-service oriented, focusing on building infrastructure and implementing processes using the appropriate judgment to achieve our goals. Stratolaunch is in a unique environment where these processes are not always dictated by our customers. A successful Quality Manager will be able to determine ‘what’ we should be doing, but more importantly ‘why’ we are doing it. The processes implemented must enable our programs to move as quickly as possible, while reducing costs incurred along the way. To achieve these goals, the Quality Manager must be able to determine what data needs to be gathered and the optimal processes to gather and present this data to the broader team for the purpose of continual improvement. The Quality Manager will be responsible for a small multi-disciplined team (<10) of Quality personnel that will be actively engaged with problems experienced on the shop floor and will be working heavily with Manufacturing and Engineering to help solve these problems across multiple programs.
- Create a vision and implement the tools needed for Stratolaunch’s Quality System, including prioritizing which Manufacturing areas require the most support and focus.
- Partner and collaborate with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Program Management to determine what problems needs to be addressed and how to address them.
- Direct the team to create the appropriate amount of process and paperwork that is supportive of the programs’ objectives.
- Evaluate Quality software tools and determine which should be employed. Tools will be evaluated for their ability to integrate with other Business Systems.
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining the company and individual Program Quality Management Plans.
- Recruit, train, and mentor the Quality team members.
- Participate on Root Cause Corrective Action teams.
- Identify the appropriate Quality infrastructure and equipment improvements that can more efficiently or accurately provide data to customers and stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Experience as a Quality team leader on developmental, prototype, or experimental aircraft programs.
- Broad practical knowledge of non-destructive inspection and test techniques (NDI/NDT).
- Experience with standing up Quality Systems in an aerospace environment.
- Knowledge of electronic component and wiring harness fabrication methods and inspection processes.
- Knowledge of composite airframe structures and relevant inspection methods.
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certification.
Required Computer Skills:
- Ability to learn and become proficient with Quality software tools that are chosen
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Sr Level ($126,000-$195,000): Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or Associate’s Degree (A.S.) from accredited institution and 10+ years of QA experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- Location: Based in Mojave, CA.
- Travel estimated to be <5%
Benefits and our location:
- Relocation eligible to local area – Mojave, CA
- 9/80 schedule
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- 50% company match per contributed dollar into 401(k) savings plan, up to the IRS annual limit
- Tuition reimbursement
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 95 miles north of Los Angeles. To outsiders it may seem like it is the middle-of-nowhere, but it offers both affordability and central access to a variety of California’s best attractions and landmarks. Hikers will find themselves within a 2-3 hours distance of some of the best state and national parks, including Yosemite and Sequoia in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Skiers will delight in being closely distanced to world-class resorts at Mammoth Mountain, Mountain High, and Big Bear. Beachgoers can find plenty of sand, sun, and sunsets at both Southern and Central California beaches like Ventura, Huntington, Santa Monica, and Pismo. The area also offers plenty of rural area for off-roading and horseback riding enthusiasts.
Not much for the outdoors and prefer the city life? You’re within a half day’s drive or less of Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and San Francisco where you can find a variety of live entertainment, museums, tours, and historical sight-seeing. Theme parks are in abundance, with Six Flags Magic Mountain, Disneyland, and Knotts Berry Farm ready to meet the needs of rollercoaster thrill seekers.
Food and drink fanatics are in a haven of delectable choices. Wine aficionados will also find easy access to some of the state’s best vino in Paso Robles, Santa Ynez, and even more locally in Tehachapi and Agua Dulce. Beer fanatics will find some of the best West Coast IPAs at Bravery and Lucky Luke’s in Lancaster. Any food option you crave is covered, and we always recommend the authentic and fresh Mexican food that you won’t find anywhere else in the United States.