NOTE: This is a 6-month contract with the ability to extend
Stratolaunch LLC designs, manufactures, and launches aerospace vehicles and technologies to fulfill several important national needs, including the need to significantly advance U.S. hypersonic flight test capabilities and help improve the nation’s ability to design and operate cutting edge hypersonic vehicles. Our hypersonic testbeds will provide customizable, reusable, and affordable access to the Mach 5+ flight regime. We are delivering the world’s premiere hypersonic flight test services.
Stratolaunch is seeking a creative and dedicated to create and distribute compelling communication products that will effectively describe and promote the company and its exciting hypersonic mission. Communication and marketing products include but are not limited to press releases, social media content, blogs, articles, presentations, advertisements, company/product fact sheets, and other promotional materials. Event management and support are also required on an as needed basis.
This position reports to the Sr. Marketing and Communication Manager and interacts with a broad range of internal and external audiences. The ideal candidate is highly effective with social media platform management, writing, editing, branding, graphic design, and events and understands supporting a go-to-market strategy in support of business development. This individual will be responsible for the company’s social media presence and knows how to engage and grow a loyal and activated group of brand followers as Stratolaunch brings its hypersonic test service online.
- Develop written and visual communication products supporting the company’s overall marketing and business development strategy.
- Develop content and manage company website and social media platforms to generate awareness of the Stratolaunch brand.
- Gather and report analytical information on digital communication channels.
- Generate social media templates and guidelines for employees.
- Partner with engineers and functional areas to develop content – including written, graphic, web products.
- Design graphics, presentations, and other documents created for communications and business development.
- Capture photo and video of company milestones as needed for social media content.
- Coordinate with third party vendors to support content needs.
- Support industry engagements, conferences, and tradeshows on an as needed basis.
- Exhibit a willingness to work quickly and comfortably with fluid situations and ever-changing challenges.
- Knowledge of communication campaigns and principles
- Experience creating and managing marketing and communication content.
- Experience managing an organizations social media strategy and platforms, with ability to produce success measurements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including comprehension and application of AP writing style standards
- Creative and desktop publishing skills
- Strong storytelling skills, with ability to simplify complex topics for consumption by a range of audiences
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and flexibility working in a fast-paced environment
- Superior influencing skills and able to gain the respect of, and build a rapport with, multiple audiences, internally and externally.
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- Experience within aerospace and/or aviation preferred.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in Marketing and Communication
- 9/80 work schedule
- This position is located in Mojave, CA
- Some travel required
- Nights and weekend support required as needed to support test milestones and special events
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 95 miles north of Los Angeles. To outsiders it may seem like it is the middle-of-nowhere, but it offers both affordability and central access to a variety of California’s best attractions and landmarks. Hikers will find themselves within a 2-3 hours distance of some of the best state and national parks, including Yosemite and Sequoia in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Skiers will delight in being closely distanced to world-class resorts at Mammoth Mountain, Mountain High, and Big Bear. Beachgoers can find plenty of sand, sun, and sunsets at both Southern and Central California beaches like Ventura, Huntington, Santa Monica, and Pismo. The area also offers plenty of rural area for off-roading and horseback riding enthusiasts.
Not much for the outdoors and prefer the city life? You’re within a half day’s drive or less of Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and San Francisco where you can find a variety of live entertainment, museums, tours, and historical sight-seeing. Theme parks are in abundance, with Six Flags Magic Mountain, Disneyland, and Knotts Berry Farm ready to meet the needs of rollercoaster thrill seekers.
Food and drink fanatics are in a haven of delectable choices. Wine aficionados will also find easy access to some of the state’s best vino in Paso Robles, Santa Ynez, and even more locally in Tehachapi and Agua Dulce. Beer fanatics will find some of the best West Coast IPAs at Bravery and Lucky Luke’s in Lancaster. Any food option you crave is covered, and we always recommend the authentic and fresh Mexican food that you won’t find anywhere else in the United States.
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law: