User Terminal (UT) Operations Engineer
Connect with Eutelsat Group
Be part of a new era in communications, transforming connectivity with Eutelsat Group – the world’s first GEO-LEO integrated global satellite operator.
As a global leader in satellite communications, we provide infinite connectivity, broadcasting television channels and packages, transmitting news reports, provide wholesale broadband Internet access services.
With Eutelsat Group You’ll Get To:
- Pioneer the future of Space Technology
- Bring connectivity to remote frontiers
- Collaborate with customer-centric experts
- Embrace cultural diversity in our global team
Where your skills ignite opportunities & you will elevate your skills in a stretching, rewarding, and meaningful environment. At Eutelsat Group, we’re united by inclusion and diversity, striving for gender balance and social responsibility, on Earth and in Space.
Who You Are: You’re passionate about satellite communications systems, it’s application and business potential. You’re agile and love rolling up your sleeves. You read, learn, examine, and are full of ideas. You’re sparked by a fast pace and new challenges. You are a hands-on expert in Radio Frequency (RF), cellular networks, communications equipment, and technology. You have a technical aptitude with a developed customer-oriented attitude. You want to make a real difference in the world by joining us on our mission to be the most trusted partner for GEO-LEO global satellite connectivity, finally bridging the digital divide.
Join us today because connecting your world changes everything.
What You’ll Do:
As a UT Operations Engineer at OneWeb, you will play a key role in our business growth. You will work with other Operations Engineering team and Development team to provide engineering support for the delivery of new user terminals, service escalations, field services and new features. Responsibilities Include:
- Perform release planning and release testing of new firmware and software for user terminals
- Deliver hands on training of new features and user terminals to Operations Engineering Teams and support to the wider team as required
- Work closely with the UT Engineering team to identify issues to improve the performance of UTs
- Investigate and reproduce reported performance issues and liaise with vendors for bug fixes
- Provide support for the wider team in troubleshooting and debugging performance issues linked to User terminals
- Create new documentation and updating old ones related to UTs and other related components
- Provide support for installation and configuration of user terminals
- Support and train users on the use UT system and support tools
- Provide on-site support for Distribution Partners
- Travel up to 20% of the time
What it Takes:
- Systematic and methodical approach to debugging and problem solving
- Experience with SatCom and RF technologies
- Experience with IP networks (routing and switching)
- Good knowledge and use of Linux OS and python programming
- Good understanding of Cellular Technologies would be desirable, e.g. 3GPP
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good understanding of regulatory and test standards related to land maritime and aviation industry
- Experience in electrical and mechanical skills required in Satcom
- Good experience with RF test and measuring equipment
- A degree in a related engineering field (information systems, computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering)
- Ability to articulate problems and solutions clearly to both technical and non-technical audience
Where You’ll Be: London, UK
This role is a Eutelsat Group job opening; all of our open roles are posted on the current OneWeb and Eutelsat websites. Please note that when you are applying, your application may be seen by both teams.