Service Support Engineer – Australia
Connect with Eutelsat Group
Be part of a new era in communications, transforming connectivity with Eutelsat Group – the world’s first GEO-LEO integrated global satellite operator.
As a global leader in satellite communications, we provide infinite connectivity, broadcasting television channels and packages, transmitting news reports, provide wholesale broadband Internet access services.
With Eutelsat Group You’ll Get To:
- Pioneer the future of Space Technology
- Bring connectivity to remote frontiers
- Collaborate with customer-centric experts
- Embrace cultural diversity in our global team
Where your skills ignite opportunities & you will elevate your skills in a stretching, rewarding, and meaningful environment. At Eutelsat Group, we’re united by inclusion and diversity, striving for gender balance and social responsibility, on Earth and in Space.
Who You Are: You have general knowledge of IP, LTE and satellite communications. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves and learn how the OneWeb system works in its details. You’re a self-learner, ask questions and enjoy challenges. You feel comfortable with technical discussions in the presence of skilled customers. You know how to get traction, gain consensus, and communicate effectively. You know how to get traction, gain consensus, and communicate effectively. You want to make a real difference in the world by joining us on our mission to be the most trusted partner for GEO-LEO global satellite connectivity, finally bridging the digital divide.
Join us today because connecting your world changes everything.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate technical investigations on the OneWeb system performance across a multidisciplinary team
- Proactive analysis of OneWeb system performance, to identify anomalies which lead to poor performance
- Enhance system and service reporting to understand and communicate user experience with internal and external stakeholders
- Act as the technical escalation point for customer during complex service investigations
- Focus on analyzing and mitigating early life service failures to improve customer experience
- Ensure fluid communication with the various cross functional teams on technical investigations and developments
- Support the User Terminals team with the release process: preparation, execution, and documentation
- Keep automation at the forefront of all activities
What it Takes:
- Resilience, and multitasking capabilities
- MS or equal in Telecommunications or similar
- 5 years in operational domain
- Demonstrated experience in customer support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with:
- PowerBI, Python
- Dataminer or similar Network Monitoring System
- iPerf applications, SSH
- User Terminal support (VSAT, Mobile, etc..)
What We’d Love:
- Data analytics skills
- Experience with radio link layer
Where You’ll Be: Australia. Flexible remote working policy. This role includes on-call rotation and occasional traveling.
This role is a Eutelsat Group job opening; all of our open roles are posted on the current OneWeb and Eutelsat websites. Please note that when you are applying, your application may be seen by both teams.