Senior Customer Solutions Architect
Connect with Eutelsat ONEWEB
Eutelsat ONEWEB, part of Eutelsat Group, provides wholesale, seamless, resilient, high-speed connectivity that reaches all areas of the world, even the most remote locations. We work with global enterprise, communities and government to deploy our GEO-LEO satellite network and cutting edge user terminal technology on land, sea and in the air.
With Eutelsat Group You’ll Get To:
- Pioneer the future of Space Technology
- Bring connectivity to remote frontiers
- Collaborate with customer-centric experts
- Embrace cultural diversity in our global team
Where your skills ignite opportunities & you will elevate your skills in a stretching, rewarding, and meaningful environment. At Eutelsat ONEWEB, we’re united by inclusion and diversity, striving for gender balance and social responsibility, on Earth and in Space.
At Eutelsat ONEWEB, we’re united by inclusion and diversity, striving for gender balance and social responsibility, on Earth and in Space.
Who You Are: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Customer Solutions Architect to join our dynamic team. As a Senior Customer Solutions Architect, you will play a crucial role in designing and implementing cutting-edge connectivity solutions across various segments, including Enterprise, Maritime, Government, and Mobility. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders and engage with clients to create standardized test templates, develop low-level network designs, co-author technical papers, and provide expert guidance on the value of our OneWeb connectivity service. In addition, you will be responsible for building and maintaining a simulated end-user test environment and serving as a subject matter expert and escalation point for client service configuration issues. You want to make a real difference in the world by joining us on our mission to be the most trusted partner for GEO-LEO global satellite connectivity, finally bridging the digital divide.
Join us today because connecting your world changes everything.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (sales engineering, operations, systems engineering, etc.) to create standardized test templates for end-customer setups across multiple segments
- Design low-level network architectures encompassing Metro Ethernet, SD WAN, SIP, Security, and IP VPN solutions to demonstrate the seamless integration of OneWeb’s services
- Co-author technical papers with Network Solution Architects to showcase the unmatched value of OneWeb’s connectivity service across all use cases
- Support the construction of a comprehensive simulated end-user test environment, encompassing routing, vCPEs, SD WAN, Ethernet, test equipment, physical and virtual firewalls, and traffic generators
- Present compelling overviews of use cases, technical functionality, interoperability, and performance to distribution partners or end customers through written documents, presentations, demos, whiteboard sessions, or other suitable formats
What it Takes:
- A minimum of seven years of hands-on experience in data networking, showcasing a track record of successfully delivering complex connectivity projects
- Experience in designing and implementing global WANs supporting voice, video, and data applications
- Advanced expertise in network design, devices, appliances, architecture, protocols, and topology
- Profound knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, and Optical Transport technologies, combined with a deep understanding of related industry specifications and standards (IETF, IEEE, ITU, MEF)
- Strong technical design, product sizing and costing, and architectural skills, with the ability to evangelize the use of OneWeb’s service and managed services (SD-WAN, IP VPNs, Point-to-Point circuits, Internet Access, SIP, Managed WiFi, UCaaS, Web Security, Cloud Connect, etc.)
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills, allowing you to effectively engage and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines while adapting to new technologies and thriving in a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining comprehensive technical documentation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio
- Serve as a trusted escalation point for any issues encountered during customer site implementation.
- Contribute to the creation of requirements for new features that enhance the usability of OneWeb’s connectivity services
What We’d Love:
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise telecoms products and services
- Previous experience supporting or familiarity with Metro Ethernet, IP VPN, Dedicated Internet Access, SD WAN, SIP, Physical and Cloud Security
- Demonstrated experience in designing and configuring Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks (essential)
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications, computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience (essential)
- Certification as a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP-SP/CCIE-SP) or Juniper Network Certified Professional (JNCIP-SP/JCIE-SP), or equivalent (essential)
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills to effectively engage customers and partners (essential)
- Familiarity or experience with WDM, GPON, and P2P optical technologies (nice to have)
Where You’ll Be: London, UK or McLean, VA or Ottowa, Canada
This role is a Eutelsat Group job opening; all of our open roles are posted on the current OneWeb and Eutelsat websites. Please note that when you are applying, your application may be seen by both teams.