Principal (UT) SATCOM/RF Systems Engineer
Connect with Eutelsat Group
Be part of a new era in communications, transforming connectivity with Eutelsat Group – the world’s first GEO-LEO integrated global satellite operator.
As a global leader in satellite communications, we provide infinite connectivity, broadcasting television channels and packages, transmitting news reports, provide wholesale broadband Internet access services.
With Eutelsat Group You’ll Get To:
- Pioneer the future of Space Technology
- Bring connectivity to remote frontiers
- Collaborate with customer-centric experts
- Embrace cultural diversity in our global team
Where your skills ignite opportunities & you will elevate your skills in a stretching, rewarding, and meaningful environment. At Eutelsat Group, we’re united by inclusion and diversity, striving for gender balance and social responsibility, on Earth and in Space.
Who You Are: You’re a passionate and experienced SATCOM/RF engineer who is eager to apply their knowledge and know-how in a cutting-edge LEO environment! You are sparked by a fast pace with new challenges, and the constant opportunity to invent new techniques. You are a collaborative subject matter contributor who is self-motivated, creative, and at times disruptive! Because of your ability to build strong relationships, you will work well with the wider Systems Engineering team, the UT delivery team, and the Advanced Technologies team to support technology advancement. You possess superb communications skills with the ability to work across organizational boundaries. You want to make a real difference in the world by joining us on our mission to be the most trusted partner for GEO-LEO global satellite connectivity, finally bridging the digital divide.
Join us today because connecting your world changes everything.
What You’ll Do:
The UT SATCOM/RF Senior Principal Systems Engineer will work on the following:
- Provide technical leadership across diverse technical teams and vendors to deliver innovative User Terminals for the OneWeb System.
- Overall responsibility for OneWeb User Terminal SATCOM/RF Architecture and requirements for User Terminals, and the major components within, designed for a LEO Satellite Network with emphasis on the antenna and RF systems therein. This applies to both the current generation and future generation of OneWeb user terminals.
- Supporting the design, assessment and delivery of new UT models and the integration of these new models into the OneWeb system
- Supporting System Integration and Test (SI&T) activities, including participation in pair-wise integration and vendor-initiated test campaigns
- Understanding the OneWeb system end-to-end system design and interfaces, especially those related to the user terminal SATCOM/RF capabilities.
- Active vendor engagement for the definition, design, and verification of the next generation communications module
- Understand the HW and SW interfaces within the UT and the interfaces that govern the antenna subsystem, the host processor, and the modem.
- Contribute to the development of concept of operations for various vertical segments such as aero, maritime, and land mobile.
- Development and oversight of new design features for the system that encompasses the UT, including requirements development.
What it Takes:
- The ideal candidate will be a senior engineer with a solid foundation in electronics, RF Subsystems, Antennas, Antenna Positioners/Controllers and SATCOM communications with 15+ years of related experience.
- Experience leading diverse technical teams in the design and implementation of SATCOM User Terminals
- Experience with phased-array antennas and terminals in a SATCOM environment with a deep understanding of Antenna/RF, electrical design and interfaces, mechanical design, thermal design and software architecture
- Hands on development experience designing, building, evaluating, and testing SATCOM/RF products and how these products influence SATCOM communications protocols.
- Extensive experience with instrumentation -using VNAs, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, AWGs, etc.
- Knowledgeable in telecommunications, cellular telephone networks, as well as space-based communications
- Detailed knowledge of one or more of the following areas : Physical layer SATCOM/RF, signal processing, digital communications theory, digital transceiver architectures.
- General background in modern System Engineering methodologies and toolsets
- Experience in requirements management
What We’d Love:
- Familiarity with Matlab for executing and modifying system models preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Electronic Engineering required. PhD in the same field preferred.
Where You’ll Be: In our White City Office in London, UK or in McLean, Virginia
This role is a Eutelsat Group job opening; all of our open roles are posted on the current OneWeb and Eutelsat websites. Please note that when you are applying, your application may be seen by both teams.