Graduate Ground Support Engineer, Network Operations
Connect with Eutelsat Group
Be part of a new era in communications, transforming connectivity with Eutelsat Group – the world’s first GEO-LEO integrated global satellite operator.
As a global leader in satellite communications, we provide infinite connectivity, broadcasting television channels and packages, transmitting news reports, provide wholesale broadband Internet access services.
With Eutelsat Group You’ll Get To:
- Pioneer the future of Space Technology
- Bring connectivity to remote frontiers
- Collaborate with customer-centric experts
- Embrace cultural diversity in our global team
Where your skills ignite opportunities & you will elevate your skills in a stretching, rewarding, and meaningful environment. At Eutelsat Group, we’re united by inclusion and diversity, striving for gender balance and social responsibility, on Earth and in Space.
Who You Are: You’re passionate about satellite communications and are a self-starter who enjoys technical analysis and tactical mission support. You’re sparked by a fast pace and new challenges. You want to make a real difference in the world by joining us on our mission to be the most trusted partner for GEO-LEO global satellite connectivity, finally bridging the digital divide.
Join us today because connecting your world changes everything.
What You’ll Do:
The Graduate Ground Support Engineer is a member of the OneWeb Technical Operations team operating out of our Global Network Operations Centre (GNOC) in London. The Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the successful operations across satellite network portals (SNPs) and PoPs. This includes monitoring the network for alarms and faults, and performing Fault Diagnostics, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR). The role will require working on a shift basis to support our 24*7 live operations.
- Be a key part of the eyes and ears of our technical operations team.
- Perform fault detection, isolation, and recovery across the technical operations landscape.
- Work alongside Senior Engineers across RF, IP network, Core LTE and Cloud operations during complex fault investigations.
- Contribute to the creation of desk level procedures that will support operations grow towards commercial service introduction.
- Create and update incident, change and problem tickets related to operational issues, maintenance tasks and technical investigations.
- Perform proactive analysis and conduct heath checks to identify network anomalies before the impact commercial service.
What It Takes:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a technical field.
- Accreditation or practical experience to show STEM or Satellite Communication related activities.
- Excellent communications skills: ability to convey ideas and technical information clearly and concisely to engineers and senior staff members.
- Self-starter proactively takes the lead/initiative to ensure operational issues are resolved effectively and efficiently.
- The personal attributes necessary to perform this role are primarily a methodical, logical organised mind. This needs to be supported by a tidy approach to completing tasks and achieving deadlines as well as communicating the outcome. We are looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic, customer focused individual to join our vibrant and expanding team.
- You should be an innovative problem solver, someone who thinks ‘outside the box’, an innate curiosity of technology and love of developing new technical skills and tools. You should be able to communicate ideas and solutions.
- You should have a positive and forward-thinking approach and enjoy working as part of a friendly and supportive team. Projects will be diverse and the ability to multi-task and manage your workload is important. You should be keen to learn and develop your skills as you gain experience in new areas of work.
- You should be flexible and able to work in shifts including weekends & nights to support 24*7 operations.
What We’d Love:
- Accreditation from a relevant professional institution (IET or similar) is desirable. • Qualifications in data networking such as Cisco or other network manufacturer accreditation is also desirable.
- Passion for Satellite industry and interest in cutting edge technologies.
- Knowledge of scripting, coding or Linux would be a bonus.
Where You’ll Be: Network Operations Center in London, UK
This role is a Eutelsat Group job opening; all of our open roles are posted on the current OneWeb and Eutelsat websites. Please note that when you are applying, your application may be seen by both teams.