Gateway Support Engineer, Network Operations
Connect with Eutelsat Group
Be part of a new era in communications, transforming connectivity with Eutelsat Group – the world’s first GEO-LEO integrated global satellite operator.
As a global leader in satellite communications, we provide infinite connectivity, broadcasting television channels and packages, transmitting news reports, provide wholesale broadband Internet access services.
With Eutelsat Group You’ll Get To:
- Pioneer the future of Space Technology
- Bring connectivity to remote frontiers
- Collaborate with customer-centric experts
- Embrace cultural diversity in our global team
Where your skills ignite opportunities & you will elevate your skills in a stretching, rewarding, and meaningful environment. At Eutelsat Group, we’re united by inclusion and diversity, striving for gender balance and social responsibility, on Earth and in Space.
Who You Are: You’re passionate about engineering and developing your skills in a challenging technological environment. You read, learn, examine, and are full of ideas. You’re sparked by a fast pace and new challenges. You are a great communicator who is calm under pressure and passionate about operations. You want to make a real difference in the world by joining us on our mission to be the most trusted partner for GEO-LEO global satellite connectivity, finally bridging the digital divide.
Join us today because connecting your world changes everything.
What You’ll Do:
The Gateway (RF) Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the successful GNOC operations. The Gateway Engineer will work within the Network Operations team and utilize their previous expertise in Gateway Network integration and operations to ensure a successful OneWeb program. The role may occasionally require working on a shift basis.
- Provide RF and Gateway technical leadership to Network Operations staff members
- Define and document the operational processes required to integrate and support Gateway operations
- Define the configuration of Network Management Systems (NMS) to ensure a smooth and continuous network operations within the GNOC
- Interact frequently with GNOC Test Engineers, Ground Network Engineers, OneWeb Network Engineers and User Terminal Engineers to perform system integration and operations
- Monitor the GNOC network for alarms and faults, perform Fault Diagnostics, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR)
- Lead Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance and Security (FCAPS) network management within the network operations team
- Review and evaluate Incident, Change and Problem records related to Gateway operations to ensure the relevant incident data, method of procedures, back out plans, resolution details and root cause investigations are captured correctly
- Create and deliver Gateway training packages to the Network Operations staff members
- Own the continual service improvement of Gateway performance and operational procedures
- Work on 24/7 shift pattern
What it Takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent experience
- At least 2 years’ experience gained in a live Network Operations environment
- Experience troubleshooting, operating, and maintaining local and remote baseband, IF, RF, antennas, and WAN/LAN equipment
- Experience in testing of Gateway Antenna systems and subsystems
- Experience in performing RF Data Analysis & Pre-launch Optimization of Gateway sites and equipment
- Solid working knowledge of Satellite Communications Baseband, Network Management, and Modem systems equipment
- Excellent working knowledge of Uplink Power Control and ACM Adaptive Coding and Modulation.
- Working knowledge of IP routing and networking
- Prior experience of satellite/telecommunications network operations
- Understanding of Network Management system software used in satellite and/or telecommunications systems
- Expertise in and the ability to develop and thoroughly document network operational procedures.
- Self-starter, proactively takes the lead/initiative to ensure operational issues are resolved effectively and efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What We’d Love:
- Experiencing working within a Greenfield or rapidly scaling environment
- Understanding of Systems Engineering and end to end system testing
- Experience with satellite ground systems, satellite operations, and/or ground systems operations/development. Experience with MEO/LEO systems a plus
- Ability to develop test scripts using Python or similar scripting language
- CCNP/JNCIP or other equivalent certification
- Dataminer experience
- Linux Experience
- Experience with Network Virtualisation and Cloud system management
- Experience with high-capacity networks a plus
- Understanding of data and RF network testing concepts – e.g. RFC2544 Testing
Where You’ll Be: In our White City Office in London, UK
This role is a Eutelsat Group job opening; all of our open roles are posted on the current OneWeb and Eutelsat websites. Please note that when you are applying, your application may be seen by both teams.