Flight Dynamics Engineer
Connect with Eutelsat Group
Be part of a new era in communications, transforming connectivity with Eutelsat Group – the world’s first GEO-LEO integrated global satellite operator.
As a global leader in satellite communications, we provide infinite connectivity, broadcasting television channels and packages, transmitting news reports, provide wholesale broadband Internet access services.
With Eutelsat Group You’ll Get To:
- Pioneer the future of Space Technology
- Bring connectivity to remote frontiers
- Collaborate with customer-centric experts
- Embrace cultural diversity in our global team
Where your skills ignite opportunities & you will elevate your skills in a stretching, rewarding, and meaningful environment. At Eutelsat Group, we’re united by inclusion and diversity, striving for gender balance and social responsibility, on Earth and in Space.
Who You Are: You’re passionate about satellite communications and are a self-starter who enjoys technical analysis and tactical mission support. You’re agile and love the nitty gritty. You read, learn, examine, and are full of ideas. You’re sparked by a fast pace and new challenges. You want to make a real difference in the world by joining us on our mission to be the most trusted partner for GEO-LEO global satellite connectivity, finally bridging the digital divide.
Join us today because connecting your world changes everything.
What You’ll Do:
The FD engineer will work according to the shift schedule within the FDE team and report to the FDE manager. He/She will report to the on-shift Mission Director (MD) when on-shift. The Flight Dynamics team provides 24/7 flight dynamics operation support. The FD Engineer must balance the technical requirements of performing flight dynamics analysis with the real-time mission support.
- Support system readiness, planning, preparation, execution, and evaluation for all phases of spacecraft lifetime; from launch to mission to de-orbit
- Configure, operate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in the Flight Dynamics operations applications software
- Perform on-console Flight Dynamics operations in a shift environment
- Provide approvals and dispositions for high-importance Flight Dynamics items (such as Evasive Action planning)
- Monitor the Flight Dynamics application software processes: Orbit Determination, Maneuver Planning, Trajectory Planning, Attitude Planning, Evasive Action planning, and others
- Generate and verify maneuver plans and assess thruster performance
- Develop, and maintain Flight Dynamics operational procedures
What it Takes:
- Minimum BS in Aerospace Engineering, Math, Physics, or other relevant Engineering field
- Experience in satellite navigation, orbit determination, maneuver, attitude and trajectory planning
- Experience with:
- Orbit analysis tools, e.g., GMAT, OREKIT, STK, FreeFlyer
- One or more of the following: Java, Python
- Unix/Linux OS based systems
- Ability to work in an environment with rapidly changing mission/system requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take ownership of all aspects of job and take initiative
- Excellent oral and written skills and communication skills is essential
What We’d Love:
- Flight Dynamics Experience
- Operations experience with multi-satellite LEO constellation operations
- Professional work experience in LEO satellite navigation, orbit determination, maneuver, attitude and trajectory planning
Where You’ll Be: Satellite Operations Center in London, UK or McLean, Virginia
This role is a Eutelsat Group job opening; all of our open roles are posted on the current OneWeb and Eutelsat websites. Please note that when you are applying, your application may be seen by both teams.