With OneWeb NEOM JV, You’ll Get To:
- Be part of the technology revolution in Space
- Accelerate your career through fast paced experiential learning and executive-level exposure
- Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first
Who You Are: You have superior attention to detail, are inquisitive and analytical, a self-starter, system savvy and a team player. You’re a whiz in financial reporting, with a strong drive to deliver. You’re agile and love the nitty gritty. You are sparked by a fast pace and new challenges. You’re always looking for ways to improve and to make processes more efficient. You’re a specialist on your own and a mentor on a team. You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in Space.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a Finance Director to join our Finance team at the OneWeb NEOM JV in Saudi Arabia and be the focal point coordinating between the team in Saudi and OneWeb’s global centralized finance function in the UK and the US and undertake the accounting for the whole Saudi organisation. This position will report directly into our CEO and will be responsible for assisting with various aspects of financial accounting and reporting as well as leading, managing, and developing Account Payable, including: the preparation of the Company’s consolidated statements in accordance with IFRS frameworks and preparing the management reporting packs. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and KPIs for Financial Reporting and Accounts Payable functions in Saudi.
- Develop and management of the invoice authorization process.
- Coordinate with OneWeb Global teams to maintain mapping and financial reporting.
- Analyse and perform balance sheet account reconciliations and coordinate with external auditors to timely provide requested documentation regarding financial statements and accounting treatment for specific transactions.
- Assist with preparation of related footnotes for inclusion in the annually audited financial statements, ensuring compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements under IFRS, as applicable.
- Assist with preparation of required government filings for all ZATCA monthly, quarterly, and annual submissions including Zakat, VAT, WHT and CIT.
- Ensure Finance and Account Payable related month-end close deadlines are met.
- Manage all bank statement cash postings for all payments made for OneWeb Saudi.
- Check for accuracy of invoicing by vendors, tax calculations, discounts and net payable
- Make necessary accounting entries by allocating payments to the cost centre, expense, or asset account
- Engage internally within the organisation and externally with vendors for resolving queries
- Maintain integrity of payment processes and controls
What It Takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree and Finance or Accounting.
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience in Saudi
- Proven track record of Accounts Payable processes.
- Be commercially minded with ability to deliver a high level of service.
- Detailed knowledge of Accounting and ERP systems.
- Ambitious and driven experienced people leader with significant experience leading a P2P function in a multi-national organisation.
- Detailed knowledge of Accounting and IT systems.
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience of preparing accounting and audit schedules and notes.
- Experience of engaging with auditors or experience in working with a reputable audit firm.
What We’d Love:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility to adapt to the ever-changing needs of the business
- The ability to understand the impact of your team and how they are an integral part of the success of the business
- Excellent knowledge of processes and controls in Accounts Payable and Financials.
- Experience in being the SME for Accounts Payable in an ERP implementation.
What We Offer:
- An excellent training ground to learn more about corporate finance.
- Opportunity to engage with colleagues across the globe.
- Be mentored by experienced leaders who are passionate about talent development.
Where You’ll Be: Riyadh Office
OneWeb is a global leader in connectivity from Space. We are building a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites with a network of global gateway stations and a range of user terminals to provide an affordable, fast, high-bandwidth and low-latency broadband communications services, connected to the IoT future and a pathway to 5G. Find out more at http://www.oneweb.world
About NEOM Tech & Digital Company
NEOM Tech & Digital Company was founded in 2021 as the first subsidiary to be established out of NEOM, a region in Saudi Arabia charting the course for a new future fueled by technology. It was created to power the world’s first ecosystem of cognitive technologies and, in partnership with global industry leaders, it aims to co-invent the future of living.
To learn more, visit cognitive.neom.com
For further information visit: https://www.neom.com/en-us/sectors/technology-and-digital
About OneWeb NEOM JV
The OneWeb NEOM JV was formed in October 2021 to bring high-speed satellite connectivity to NEOM, Saudi Arabia, the wider Middle East and neighboring countries.